I ordered the card to travel internationally because the exchange rate was better than my banks.I called before I left the country to make sure the card would be ok to use overseas.

I was told yes it was ready to use internationally. After one transaction they froze my account with a balance of $800 and I purchased $3000 in greendot moneypacks as safety net for funds. I called again they said that in order to unfreeze my account I would have to send in a list of documentation I did not have. So now I have $3800 technically floating in limbo.

I called again and was told on top of everything that a receipt would be needed for a cash load/deposit I made before I left the country. I stated I did not have this receipt, and was told that I would not be able to unfreeze my account without it. My chase bank does not require such information. Why is this company?

No where in the service agreement does it state that I need to call in before leaving the country in order to prevent such a situation. So where does my money go? I have had several conversations which I have recorded for legal purposes, because I will be taking acting and filing suit against both Metabank and Accountnow inc.

I suggest many with the same problem call a lawyer as well for their lack of information for the consumer is a crime in its self.Be smart get names, record conversations as they do and ask the same questions over and over making sure you receive detailed and full responses.

Review about: Metabank Prepaid Card.

Had an Experience with Metabank?

Comments

AccountNow

Dear beyondpissed63,

I am sorry to hear that you had an issue with your account.If your account issue is still outstanding or if you have additional concerns, we would like to help.

Unfortunately we cannot discuss your personal information in a public forum.Can you please send us an email referencing your name (as it appears on your card), last four digits of your card number and best number to reach you at?

Sincerely,