2.5
Additional Fees

I charged 2 purchases for a software program and returned the products because they did not work. Upside gave me a temporary credit for both charges and I spent the funds.

Two months later, Upside says the charges were still under review but they debited my account and took back the credits, causing my account to go over drawn! Then a month later, I received a letter telling me that the investigation has been concluded in my favor and the temporary credits were now permanent. So, 2 weeks later I called Upside because I don't see my credits and they told me I spent the credits! When I pointed out that they debited my account after I spent the credits, they said a manager would call me.

I have called numerous times and can never get a manager on the line, they always tell me a manager will call me but no one ever does.

Basically, Upside has ripped me off for $136.00 and no one can explain what happened to my funds.

Very frustrating... ...stay away from the Upside Card.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $136. This person is overall dissatisfied with Metabank. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Metabank.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Banks category for more informed decision or compare Metabank to other companies on our site.

Comments

I had an even worse experience. I purchased an item for $2700 online and the merchandise was never delivered.

The vendor won't return any emails and basically stole my money. The service at Metabank is nonexistent as I am literally on hold with them as I typefor an half hour. It has been going on four months and all they say is the matter is still under investigation. I am in the process of contacting the office of consumer protection in South Dakota and my home state.

I am fully prepared to hire a lawyer even if I means I brake even or take a loss on the money recovered.

I plan to share this experience with the world several times over. The worst bank on the planet is a huge understatement here