Interest Rate

I had a AAA Travel Card through MetaBank. The card was inactive for over a year and I noticed that the small balance was being taken away by monthly inactivity charges.

There was no communication with me when these fees started. I called to inactivate the card and get my money back and found the customer service very poor. They would not refund the money to my current address because their records showed my prior address. In order to prove my current address they insisted on a copy of my social security card and a current utility bill.

I eventually caved to their request and provided the necessary information for the address change and refund. However, they completely ignored the refund request and eventually changed my address in their system without submitting the refund. During the time it took to deal with their insane policies and horrible customer service they continued to remove money from my account. Because of my address change they had a one way access to my account.

They could continue to take my money and I had no way to get it back unless they processed my request at whatever inefficient speed they chose. When I called back to check the status of my refund they had no record that it was requested… just the correct address. So after several months, many hours on the phone, unreasonable personal information requests, and their continued stealing of my money I was finally able to close the card and "process" the request.

I have not seen the money yet. Stay away from this bank!

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment at Metabank. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Metabank to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Metabank travel card for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments