Featured Not resolved
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Soooooooo aggravated with Jackson Hewitt and metabank. Normally, I do my taxes through TurboTax, quick, easy, and FREE.

My family hit a jam this year and need $ quicker so I went to Jackson Hewitt where I was approved for the refund anticipation loan. I was excited and opted for the American express serve card because it would be there within hours. I was not told that once I choose this method I couldn't change it for the loan that comes after I bring in my w2s for the final tax refund loan. THEY CHARGED ME (or should I say raped me) FOR $600 DOLLARS TO DO MY TAXES!

And the whole process took HOURS! I was happy to get approved for $800 after I brought my w2s in but hours went by and no money was on my America express card. Called Jackson Hewitt and they told me that American express for some reason rejected the deposit so now it's been flipped to check and I have to wait 7-10 days for the $! I finally got my check today but when I went to cash it at my bank they were having troubles communicating with metabank and said it would have to be deposited and they could only release $100 of it to me as a courtesy because I'm their customer.

Told them I'd try to cash it at Walmart. Went to Walmart and the guy said it was giving him an error "unable to process" he tried it twice, and then he said a LOT of customers have been getting this error from metabank checks and that I'd have to take it back to my bank.

Needless to say I am sitting here praying that it clears by tomorrow morning. If not I am going to file SEVERAL complaints.

Review about: Jackson Hewitt Tax Refund.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Trying to get fast money is a sure way to slow the process.

Apparently they had some sort of issue dispersing funds and it's nation wide. My American Express card is showing all money is there, but I cannot pull anything off an ATM or swipe it anywhere.

I called Jackson Hewitt and they said that they are dispersing funds but it is going slowly because they had some kind of technical issue. And you can't even call your card to see if it's fixed because it's already saying the money is there, you have to physically go to an ATM to see if it's working yet. And no luck calling customer service, it's says they're busy and to call back later.

Hopefully this doesn't take a week to fix. Extremely inconvenient.

to Tammi429 #1434381

This was last year, I did direct deposit this year, I suppose your referring to the Amex card?

My fiance is having the same exact problem , did the check clear bc we tried everything !

to Quinn Bath, New York, United States #1282684

Yes it did clear, this morning the funds were in my account. Good luck

to Jamie Owensboro, Kentucky, United States #1282762

Im having the exact same problem but im still waiting for my check. How long did it take to recieve your? Mines been 6 mail days including saturday.

to April Orlando, Florida, United States #1282784

I called JH Sunday, (2/5/17) and asked when MetaBank sent it, JH said that it was sent out on 2/1, but the paper that came w/ the check was dated 2/2/17, and I received it by mail on 2/6/17. I believe it is coming from South Dakota. I don't know how I received it so quick, but I am happy that I did.

to April Orlando, Florida, United States #1282796

I am sorry you are going through this. It is such a gut wrenching, awful experience! Best of luck!

to April Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States #1285780

April did you get your check yet

Jamiergrasso
to Quinn Orlando, Florida, United States #1282695

If you have a bank, you should take it there and deposit it.