It was 2012, I reported an unauthorized activity in my card, I was told that the card was deactivated immediately and that a new card will be sent to me as soon as possible. My direct deposit was every Friday, after waiting for ten days without receiving a card, I called, I was told that it will arrive any moment.

That was the beginning of the whole story, I called on daily basis, I faxed copies of my drivers license, social security card even my citizenship postcard. Every member of my house participated by making phone calls, after five weeks, I was unable to pay some of my bills but I did not want to stop the direct deposit so that I can get my money from them, my daughter called them and threatened to get a police report and take them to court, she was put on hold for about 25 minutes, then a lady who said she was the supervisor said that the copies of the documents I sent to them was not clear and that if I would not mind I should scan all the documents to her e-mail directly. she then gave me her e-mail address. I was desperate I scanned the documents to her.

she called me back later confirming receipt. she said she will work on my card and send it immediately. I received a card about four days later, I tried to activate it, I can't get it activated. I called them again, it took them another three days to figure out why I can't get my card activated.

Ask me why- they said the card was deactivated because the supervisor that requested my documents scanned to her issued another card so I should wait for the another card.

I received my card few days later and withdrew all my money on daily basis until my balance was 00.

I received a call from western union about a year later why I have not been using my card, I explained and the lady told me to fax some documents but I just decided not to follow up with her because I was not ready to expose myself to such stress again.

Above all, I never ever had problem with my western union card and would seize this opportunity to let western union know that my case was not properly handled and I do not know the relationship between western union and metabank , once many people are complaining about metabank, there are other trustworthy banks they can partner with and make their customer happy and regain the good name of the company again.

Reason of review: poor general service subjecting customers to identity theft.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments