I received two $50 gift cards as a thank you gift from Constant Contact for participating in market research. The gift cards (in the form of debit cards) expired in October 2012, but were JUST delivered to me (in January 2013) along with other mis-delivered US mail.

I called MetaBank customer service (the number on the card carrier, 1-800-818-3474) to request that the debit cards be reissued to me. I was refused.

Constant Contact paid for those gift cards so they should have been usable by me, but because they weren't delivered (through no fault of mine) MetaBank gets to keep $100. That's stealing.

Review about: Metabank Customer Care.

Comments

London, England, United Kingdom #722541

Visa gift cards have a "good thru" date on the front of the card. If the card passes the "good thru" date, and a balance remains on the card, Metabank is REQUIRED by the Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009 (Credit CARD Act) to issue replacement cards in the full amount of the remaining balance.

They are NOT allowed to assess additional issuing fees, loading fees, or transaction fees. I *think* they can charge a delivery fee *if* they provide a location where you can pick them up for free.

You might run into a problem if you are unable to register the cards in your name at this date. Alert

Visa Corporate to this delivery-related issue at :

1 (866) 543-9161

Please update this page once you've gotten help.