My account got locked because I got a credit back from my wife's pharmacy for her cancer medication co-pay over payment. The credit clearly states it came from the pharmacy, but according to the bank if there is not a equal debt to match the credit the account is locked!!

ReallY?? It is a retro credit from a 3 month period so there would be no matching debt! Tried calling customer service and got stone walled saying they wanted all the receipts for the purchases. Luckily the hospital was very helpful and directly faxed all the info plus a letter explaining the credit.

Called the bank back and was told that it would take 24 to 48 hours before they would do anything.....this is on a Friday!! There is also apparently no way of contacting their fraud department to work things out directly with them.

SO now all my money is locked for at least 4 days meaning no food or gas and I am unable to get my wife's medication that she needs without borrowing the money. This is completely unacceptable and wrong for a bank to be able to do this over a one off transaction!!

Review about: Metabank Credit Card.

Comments